CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day One


Today was only my first day in the revolutionary army, yet, it felt like I had been here forever. I had a bad feeling about the arrival of the truck. However, I didn't bother to care about it as I just thought it would leave soon like other trucks that came to our village. If I knew I would have ended up like this, I probably would have run away as far as I could. Every minute, I keep on regretting that I had not woken up early, especially when I think of my poor family, suffering without me. During the journey to the fortress, I had been planning to escape from the truck with my friends, Lolo and Ignacio, but it never seemed easy with the soldiers with guns. When we arrived at the fortress, everything was so new and strange, but I didn't like it at all. I was controlled by the officers as soon as I arrived. Although they gave us better clothes to wear and provided enough food to full my empty stomach, I promised to myself that I will never be a real soldier, no matter what the army did.
I met a lot of people, more than I can remember. All of them weren't like anyone I have met before. First, I met Captain Mendoza, who actually made us revolutionary soldiers. Then, there were kids about the same age as me called Esteban and Juan at the fortress; they seemed to have been brainwashed into thinking that the revolutionary was the best choice they could make. There were more people like Whistler whom I couldn't understand at all.
I don't know when this 43rd war will end, but I hope I could escape from this mess and live peacefully with my family and friends.

Picture Source:
http://www.spur.asn.au/ChildSoldiers3.jpg

0 comments: