CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day Five


It was only fifth day in the revolutionary army. Without much training, we, the revolutionaries, went out to save the city of San Ildefonso from the loyalists. When I heard that we had to go, I wondered why they would take me, who's not an example of a good soldier, but I was excited to ride a truck to the city. Unfortunately, soon, I was despondent when we had to walk through the forest. When we were taking a break during our walk, I was surprised to hear several gunfires nearby. When we crept to where the sound came from, we found a village with people killed by the loyalists. Astonished by what the loyalists had done, I grieved over the innocent people. With Captain Mendoza's commands, we dug graves for them and even sent our soldiers to kill the loyalists. Even though we had done what we could to the people, I never felt that it was enough for them. But then, I found a girl with a bullet wound and a newborn baby. I felt happy to see survivors but also sorrowful to see them hurt and without family. We took care of them and left them at the American mission, but I am still worried about them, especially the baby.
This incident changed me completely. I feel like I need to protect the people from the loyalists, who kill people for no actual reason and more like I belong to the revolutionary army than before. I've become more mature now. Though I couldn't kill the loyalist, I still hate the loyalists and will not let them take control of the people's lives. I am not the boy I had been in the village. Now, I am a revolutionary soldier, trying to protect the civilians.

Picture source:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/International/ap_Ethiopian_Soldiers_090113_mn.jpg

0 comments: